Chrys Fey reveals 10 things about herself and her new romantic-suspense novella, 30 Seconds:
- Blake Herro is a police officer and Chrys Fey wanted to join the police force when she was a teen.
- Dani Hart was in a horrible car crash when she was a teenager, and Chrys Fey doesn’t drive because she’s afraid of being in a car accident.
- Chrys’s grandmother had a large cedar chest, but she never had to hide it in for her own safety like Blake and Dani do in 30 Seconds.
- Dani performs surgeries and Chrys has had three surgeries, including spinal surgery.
- Chrys has never played in the snow, but there’s a fun scene in 30 Seconds when Blake and Dani have a snowball fight.
- Blake and Dani eat all sorts of meat in 30 Seconds, but Chrys has been a vegetarian for six years.
- Chrys has a dragonfly tattoo on her arm, and Dani has two tattoos, one of which is string notes to a rock ballad.
- Dani was born at a Kiss concert. Chrys has never gone to a concert in her life.
- Dani loves to run. Chrys hates running, but she did run track in Elementary school.
- Dani made it half-way to her prom while Chrys never go to have a prom.
Title: 30 Seconds
Authur: Chrys Fey
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Length: Novella (105 pages)
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Published: September 10th, 2014
When a woman finds herself in the middle of a war between a police force and the Mob, 30 SECONDS is a long time.
When Officer Blake Herro agreed to go undercover in the Mob, he thought he understood the risks. But he’s made mistakes and now an innocent woman has become their target. He’s determined to protect her at all costs.
The Mob’s death threat turns Dr. Dani Hart’s life upside down, but there is one danger she doesn’t anticipate. As she’s dodging bullets, she’s falling in love with Blake. With danger all around them, will she and Blake survive and have a happy ending, or will the Mob make good on their threat?
Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00N26EU9G
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N26EU9G
She panted with fear. What if they see the chest? What if we get caught? What if my breath stinks and I’m breathing right into Officer Hottie’s face? She shut her mouth and let oxygen flow through her nose.
Her eyesight slowly adjusted to the darkness and she could see Officer Herro’s silhouette. His head was turned and he was listening to the thuds of heavy boots getting louder; the intruders were coming their way.
Then the thunder of footsteps sounded right next to them. “There’s no one here, Red,” someone announced.
“Look for documents,” a man ordered, who Dani could only assume was Red. “I want the name of the person I’m going to kill.”
A moment later, there was a reply. “All the mail is addressed to a Dr. Hart.”
Hearing her name said aloud by one of the men who had ransacked her place made her want to gasp. Her mouth fell open and her breath was reversing into her lungs, but before she could make a sound, Officer Herro lowered his lips to hers, silencing her. Stunned, she could only lie beneath him with her eyes wide and her body tense. She couldn’t believe he was kissing her. She wanted to push him back, but knew if she did he might hit the inside of the chest, giving away their hiding place. That was when she realized he was kissing her so she wouldn’t gasp.
She let her body relax. After her initial shock faded, she was able to feel his lips. They were comforting and caused a reaction deep inside her. She couldn’t stop her lips from reacting to his. It was an innocent connection, a soft touch of lips. Until his hand slid from her shoulder to her neck and the kiss deepened into something else.
Chrys Fey is a lover of rock music just like Dani Hart in 30 Seconds. Whenever she’s writing at her desk, headphones are always emitting the sounds of her musical muses -especially that of her favorite band, 30 Seconds to Mars, the inspiration behind the title.
30 Seconds is her second eBook with The Wild Rose Press. Her debut, Hurricane Crimes, is also available on Amazon.
Discover her writing tips on her blog, and connect with her on Facebook. She loves to get to know her readers!