On July 1st we celebrate Canada Day and on July 4th our neighbors to the south celebrate their independence on July 4th. In both countries that means great times with family and friends. If you’re planning on having house guests here’s a recipes that’s easy and tasty. If you have to deal with gluten- free food like I have to, just substitute gluten-free bread and bake in a separate dish.
I serve this with fresh fruit, bacon and ham.
Hope you and yours enjoys this as much as we do.
Oven Baked French Toast
½ c butter melted
¾ c brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
12 slices of sandwich bread
½ c milk
Pinch of salt
- Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with melted butter. Spread any remaining melted butter over bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over melted butter.
- Arrange bread in two layers over brown sugar mixture.
- Beat eggs, milk, and salt in a bowl; pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.